Thursday, October 22, 2009

Split Personality

Sometimes I sit down and wonder, "What EXACTLY is my style?". Ever since I became interested in fashion or anyhow paid and given it more attention that it usually requires (note: interested, not obsessed or fetish-ed), which I would personally consider it quite late in any teenager's life (so close to 20, gosh..), especially for one who would very much like to spend their entire life in a career in the fashion industry, I began to develop likings for different styles, silhouettes, fabrics, cuts, whatever, you name in. What worries me is that I don't have a particular style which I stick to. I like cute, adorable accessories as well as vintage pin-up-girl-like pieces as well. At the same time, I like feminine pearls-and-tiara-in-you-hair stuffies and is very much attracted things made out of studs and zippers lately. Not to mention, I like ruffles as well as clothes of a wide array of colourful palettes. And to add irony to this, I also like clothes with a little edginess to it, sparkly clothes (at times) other times, and also neutrals and monochromes at other times.

Take this for instance

i am absolutely smittened by this pair of ducking earrings.

At the same time,im also likkin the heritage, cultural, vintage essence portrayed on this earring. kind of reminds you of something out of the Elizabethan era, or something from the Malay culture here, only with a more modern, toned-down feel.
Photobucket

on the other hand, this vintage-inspired piece make me feel like I'm back in the fifties. It makes me feel all nostalgic and dreamy. and womanly.
Photobucket


then, there are these pieces that have a rock and roll vibe to it.

I'm also into more feminine, girly sweet-as-a-pea pieces, like this one down here.


how can it be that a person likes things that are oh-so-ever rough and edgy, yet at the same time can't resist things that are fragile and tender. multicoloured and monotonous. sparkles and neutrals.sweet and sour.lace and leather.

i think i may have a problem. n__n
i guess now its not wrong or criminal for anyone who knows me to call me weird, since i am.. well a tad bit weird. but im likkin' it ;)

* duckling earrings from Little Maketto
* heritage earrings from bijoule
* vintage ring from Bella LoLita
* rock-inspired corsage from Diva
* fairy and pearls necklace from A Fashion Story

*only part of my style. i think i may have some which i didn't bother to search deep down of me. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment