Saturday, September 3, 2011

the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Am probably the last person on the (WWW) blogging about Kate's wedding but no, I've not been clueless about it until today, silly. When I looked at this photography a few weeks back, i could not help thinking how whimsical and dreamy this wedding looked like, super pretty! But I was in bed and got thinking "How come all her bridesmaids have perfect figures? Did she happen to ask her blood nieces/cousins to become her bridesmaids? What about her other nieces/cousins with less flattering bodies, did she completely miss them out? How is it possible to have no cousins with lean bodies. Ok nvm i'm probably thinking too much. Again.

I also had this theory (which I pretty much made up) about the legend/story of the pot at the end of the rainbow. I sort of came up with this nonsense back during Chinese New Year earlier this year.

The chinese believe that during this festival, we eat mandarin oranges for luck etc.. so it got me thinking, "what if the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was in fact merely a pot of mandarin oranges?". Because in mandarin, those oranges are called "kam", which is another word for "gold". So technically, you'd be getting a pot of mandarin oranges (gold) at the end of the rainbow.

I told this joke to someone and he didn't laugh with the "you're too funny!-laugh". :(

See, I think too much.

images via: simple et chic

No comments:

Post a Comment