Friday, April 30, 2010

chicken wings & fried noodles = ? (you do the maths)

Don't tell you I didn't warn you about the spam. Had posts kept away for a long time and now is the time i can finish them all up.

Just started my so called blogshop. You can find the link somewhere down there but I'm not selling anything wonderful as of the moment, just my junk.

speaking of maths, one of my least favourite subject among the entire year of my first year of my degree was ohmy cost management. Jesus! would have been way easier studying in a group than hearing his lecture and tutorials altogether.

So, we recently just had our finals, and look at how horrible our tables were. On the day of the exam, we had last minute studying session in college before the exam.







upon nearing the time of our examination, everyone just panicked and you can guess, the papers went flying everywhere, calculators got lost in between the pile and we even hogged another table lol

if i could live one two things to consume for the rest of my life, assuming that water and glycerol and such unhealthy things would have no effect on my health, condition and performance, mood and whatsoever.. i would live on these two things:

the fried mee hoon (noodles) near my place and BBQed chicken wings and grilled Cao Cao Lamb in Kuchai Lama.

Both tasty, both yummy, both have awesome chilli sauce together with em. Of course, they're not the same ones duhh..

The fried mee hoon comes in 2 variations, original and tom yam. please let me live on the tom yams i love them haha. And the chilli? The best. As the number one chilli consumer in my house, this chilli is the spiciest I've ever came across yet. Its a non-watery based chilli and very, very spicy. I actually cried while eating this one. Not even the chilli from the Pan Mee store down at the food court in uni could make me cry. Maybe one day when I have a real camera I will get a snap of the noodles. Or you guys could come over and I'll bring you there, just treat me a bowl of noodles! :D

The BBQed chicken and lamb I was referring to is is none other that the famous Cao Cao Grilled BBQ Lamb in Kuchai Lama. When I googled it, I was surprised to find out that many people even knew of this place.. It's located near the FGA building in Jalan Kuchai Lama and opens in the evenings.




The sauce that comes with both the chicken and the lamb is super duper yummy. For the chicken, its the red chilli sauce. No, it doesn't make you cry but it tastes really good. For the lamb, they give you the green sauce, its not spicy, but tangy and sour. My mom says its got a bit of mint and lime in it.

Its a hawker area, so you'll find a couple of stalls set up around. just a little trivia though, if you go there and see that the wan tan mee store is open, note that when you order or sit in the wan tan mee's territory, you cannot order the char kuey teow and the BBQ chicken and lamb you order will come in plastic plates. I suppose there is a feud going on between the hawkers, so if the wan tan mee store is closed (i love the days they are closed), everything is at peace.

Oh, and if you do go there, make sure you get a bite out of the Har Mee (Prawn Mee), its absolutely scrumptious. I know many people talk about the Wan Tan Mee, but to me, its nothing to shout about, so is the Char Kuey Teow (Fried Kuey Teow Noodles) But this Prawn Mee? One of my favourites. The other yummy one is located in SS2 but lets just not go to that topic now, shall we?


sources: Nigel Low and Vkeong

No comments:

Post a Comment