Friday, June 18, 2010

its not wrong to want inspiration

I've been having these huge lot of tabs open on my browser for days and I don't know where or how to fit them in together. The the biggest problem for a blogger is not finding what to blog about, but more of how to fit these things that you've found so that you put more of yourself into the post and don't look or sound like you're a lousy reblogger.

So anyway I really have no idea how to fit them, but this way. for now. If I find a better way I may remove those bits out, but for now.. :)

Inspired by..

Martine






my all time favourite illustration as a kid. i googled it and apparently there are LOADS of books on it. I owned the translated version in Bahasa Malaysia (the original is in French) and there are less than 20 in the translated series. :(
Fun fact, according to The Forbidden Planet's Blog, the late Michael Jackson apparently had a thing for Marcel Marlier's Martine illustrations and the quoted his artwork as:

"Marlier’s art has always been loved by young girls and loathed by their parents for their combination of almost photo-realistic rendering and sugar-coated sweetness."

"The stories themselves are typically non-threatening and quite sociologically conservative and conformist in nature, placing them, along with Barbie, right in the firing line of many a generational class in so-called progressive households in the 70’s."

Yeah, she's my version of Barbie doll.. in drawings ;) pretties illustrations ever.♥
Oh btw, in the Malay version, Martine is known as Martini. :D

Sweet & Creative Wedding Invites


Simple Effulgence




Stripes


Uniqlo x Jil Sander SS10


LagunaMoon

from LagunaMoon

Best Mountain: Little Marcel Dress

from MonShowroom, 50.00 € Rouge & Bleue

Bows






Bow Foil Print Vest from Asos, $24


Doll Baby Hair Bow by Whispy Love

this brings me to my next inspiration which I have been seeing a lot of lately.

Heapload of Lolita-inspired Cuteness

Orange Caramel - Magic Girl MV Teaser


Orange Caramel (오렌지캬라멜) - 마법소녀 (Magic Girl)

o_o didn't know After School could do this, kinda freaky at first. Luckily the clothes were not on Gah Hee or else.. eck! culture shock. Apparently they are going to have more divisions and this Orange Caramel targeted at the Asian market. Wonder if its gonna work. It even comes complete with the lolita hats, puffy dresses, splash of pink, glitter and bows ._. The Koreans are turning more Japanese by the day.

Plus, the ending of the video reminded me of Maryna Linchuk in the Miss Dior Cherie ad from 2009
imagebam.com

Be-Jewelled!



After School - Bang (LIVE)
Who said Beyonce x Lady Gaga came out with the bling-bling jacket. After School did it first nanana..

coveting after..
wonderfully sugar-coated japanese craft magazines

Style Your Own Shoes



how wonderfully cute are these shoes?? n__n

Handmade Japanese Felt Wool Sweets


Small World by Felt


all glossies from MeMe Craftwork


Cute Animals
Sylvanian Families: Food Glorious Food Theme
Delightful Doughnut Set

whooping $24.95!


Straw Bags and Hats











how do they make it ever so effortlessly easy to wear them out on the streets? If I carry these bags and wear summery hats to uni, ..... nevermind, I shall now picture out what I have in mind.

Dresses


Coach Tiered Tassle Grey Dress, Diane Von Furstenberg Josun strapless mini dress
Nothing new, I've always had a thing for dresses.

Badass Footwear

Jeffrey Campbell MC Wedge from ShopNASTYGAL,$132



yum.

Sparrows


Tiny Birds Dress

from ShopNastyGal, $52.00

I Swallow, do you? Tank Dress

SGD 36 from lovechewkitty

Miu Miu

omg covet them Miu Miu's! :l

Also, if you're looking for styling tips, you should try reading this blog post by Michelle of Glisters & Blisters here.

all sources, hover and click on images.

No comments:

Post a Comment