Underwater Carousel from Elena Kalis on Vimeo.
Been having a series of bad dreams for weeks/months. I don't even know what's wrong, or if I'm supposed to somehow decipher something behind these repetitions of dreams. Definitely in need of one of these decadent dreams of carousels and stars instead of what I'm having now.
Exams on Monday but I can't seem to get my heart to love those wordings on my gleaming, clean textbook. The desire to study is getting weaker and weaker in me each semester. Now I'm even having thoughts of how come people are so complicated. When you come out to work, shouldn't what's important be making enough money so you can enjoy some little luxuries (and not all). Isn't it enough that you make more than what you spend (both cost and self expenditures). I'd be happy just like that. Seriously.
Why do people strive to work to make overly much to try to own everything. Some even make $ so they can have more to invest in to get more. Although I guess more gives you more security but.. I don't think its worth trying to push yourself so hard on money until you neglect your own happiness. Sure money makes you happy, but not the work behind it. And that working part? Can't even guarantee you enough value for what you sacrifice. And that's why I can't understand accounting anymore. Making something so simple utterly complicated. What's important is I have enough and I keep a nice record so I know how I got my money. And I can live pleasantly. No drama, no attention and glitz, just pure happiness.
Or maybe these are just thoughts of a loner with a wild heart.
film by Elena Kalis
1 comment:
this is just what I was thinking today. Beautiful post, thank you for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like you're on the right track, you're not being lulled into the money trap and so no matter what happens you'll always know you've been true to yourself. And I agree - simple pleasures are much, much more fulfilling than earning big bucks.
Love your blog,
Lora xxx
Post a Comment