A Book You Love
Clearly, I have either read very lousy books in my life or I there is basically not particular book title that comes to mind as to a book I cherish the most.
But, if I really really had to name my favourite set(s) of books, it'd have to be the "American Girls" Series, "Little House on the Prairie" books and this set of fairy-tale retellings which i have no idea what series they're named.
Yes i know, like what the..? right? I mean its not like I have not read things by literary geniuses such as Murakami (okay only one book), or I Capture the Castle or The Da Vinci Code, but they just don't stand out as much because, I mean yeah its genius work but this is not about brains but rather about what actually captured me,and has the drive to sustain even as I evolved from adolescence to teenage life.
I have loads of books I've bought since I was like 12 and haven't read, and some of this titles are still in my cupboard. So many chick lit's I've bought later than that have already been given up for donation of some sort.
Love the retellings cause even thought they're retold classics, I still find them dreamy-like and it stirs up this feeling to keep believing in fairytales.
American Girl Series? Cause they're not just adorable but I love their "back in the day" snippets at the end where they have these real pictures during the time of the story setting in there. Oh and the family tree in front is cute too :D
Little House on the Prairie is a classic. Been brought up, ok I mean I told my parents I wanted to buy these books at the store when I was a kid. Still, better than reading something bout' kissing college boys in your books right? One or two here and there is fine but look, I'm already polishing myself at such a young age (lol)
I think the base of these 3 books is that it leave so much to the imagination, and not about lustful things or what nonsense you can do when you turn legal, but a depiction of happier times and joy, innocence and strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment